24 March 2008

"Iam Being Harrassed" Vijayakanth


Actor-politician Vijayakanth on Sunday said he was being �harassed and pressurized� by certain political parties in Tamil Nadu to forge an electoral alliance with them.
Referring to an allegation that he had taken over five acres of poramboke land near Madurantakam in Kancheepuram district, he said there was an attempt to besmirch his name in the land deal.
My adversaries are desperate to take a political revenge on me,� he said, in an apparent reference to the ruling DMK.
The reason for this act of vengeance is to somehow force me to join them. Had not I made it clear that my alliance is only with people?
Why are you hounding me? Why don�t you leave me alone? He said, while presiding over the marriage function of one of his party functionaries here.
Vijayakanth said he had purchased 100 acres of land, of which five acres could have been poramboke land. The sellers of the land may have cheated me.
Even the Village Administrative Officer has betrayed me in the deal. I asked the government to take back the poromboke land if it had been annexed by mistake.
Instead, they are using the issue to denigrate and defame me,� he alleged. The DMDK leader said he had bought the land with his hard earned money, unlike others who were purchasing property with 'looted' money.

No comments: