15 April 2008

Priyanka Confess meeting Nalini



Priyanka Vadra,( Rajiv Gandhi's Daughter) who has created a flutter by meeting one of the conspirators in her father Rajiv Gandhi's assassination, on Tuesday said she does not believe in anger, hatred and violence and will not allow these things to overpower her.

"It was a very personal visit and completely on my own individual initiative. I would be deeply grateful if this could be respected," she told PTI about her meeting with Nalini Sriharan in Vellore jail in Tamil Nadu last month.
It is true that I met Nalini Sriharan in Vellore central jail on March 19, 2008. It was my way of coming to peace with the violence and loss that I have experienced," she said.
Recalling her mother's intevention in getting Nalini's death sentence commuted to life imprisonment, Priyanka said she did not believe in hatred and violence.
"I do not believe in anger, hatred and violence and I refuse to allow these things to overpower my life," she said.

No comments: