08 April 2008

Actress Shriya molested in Tirumala temple


Actress Shriya of Tamil blockbuster Shivaji fame had a terrible experience in Tirumala temple in Andhra Pradesh when an enthusiastic fan allegedly molested her while she was coming out after offering prayers.
Shriya, who starred opposite superstar Rajnikanth in the film, said she was taken aback when a person who was standing behind her while she was talking to newsmen, misbehaved with her in the early hours of Monday.
The actress then slapped the man who was identified as Hari, a cleaner, according to sources. The man was later was punched down to the ground by the attendants of the actress. Shriya has reportedly not filed any complaint with the police.
"When I was coming out of the temple after my prayers a man who was standing behind me misbehaved. I think women should stand up for such misbehaviour," she said, adding that "irrespective of being an actress or not I had to stand up for myself and I think any woman who is a victim of eve-teasing and molestation should stand up."

No comments: